This time of year always brings some time to reflect. The off campus production of our winter musical comes to a close, we are getting ready for spring concerts and exhibits and I find myself really excited about the experiences and accomplishments of our students. Taking a show on the road is no small fete and takes the community really coming together to support so many pieces of the puzzle. We thank the school and community for embracing these many challenges for our students to experience live theatre as an actor, musician or techie and we thank the students for an incredible run of Fiddler on the Roof at the Rome City Auditorium.
Taking a show on the road is not the only outreach for our fine arts students and teachers and I was reminded just this weekend of how our students share their love of the arts in the community throughout the year. These experiences foster the growth of our #talented tigers and #confidentcontributors in our community. Many of our teachers play a part in making these experiences happen and special thanks goes to Shelley Daniel, Ben McVety, Will Camp, Annie Camp and Jenna Black for the extra efforts taken to connect our students in the community in these special ways.
Here's the list of five amazing art contributions to the Rome community these past few months:
1. An Evening on the Runway student artwork fashion themed exhibit at the DeSoto Theatre
2. Winter Musical production of "Fiddler on the Roof" at Rome City Auditorium
3. Thatcher Hall student HeART Project
4. Thatcher Hall student string quartet performance at New Romans December meeting
5. Rotating art exhibits at Honeymoon Bakery