Fall is in the air! Ten members of the Darlington Community share their seasonal favorites.
My favorite thing about a Darlington fall is...
· "Enjoying all of the creative [and sometimes hilarious] costumes during Spirit Week and on Halloween."
MARY MARGARET WRIGHT, 11th Grade
· "Layering of clothes, hot cider after the Halloween parades, and the occasional apple cobbler at lunch."
BARBARA BARFIELD, ELA-8 Spanish Teacher
· "Going to football games and seeing Darlington play."
LOGAN FLOYD, 4th Grade
· "'Fall for the Arts,' because you get to see all of the art that everyone has created, spend time with friends, and eat yummy food!'
MORGAN IVESTER, 8th Grade
· "The colors of the trees and their reflections in Silver Lake—so beautiful!"
DENISE EVANS, Executive Assistant to the Student Life Office
· "Starting the winter musical…definitely one of the best arts experiences of the fall!"
ABRAHAM JOHNSON, 12th Grade
· "New and returning students meeting for the first Senior Retreat."
MATTHEW PEER, Director of Upper School
· "Being blown in the wind while reading at the lake."
JASPER STEPP, 1st Grade
· "For the Summerbell House, it's pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and hot chocolate with whipped topping!"
REBA BARNES, Head of Summerbell House & Director of Servant Leadership
· "Seeing my fellow alumni, my former students, and some of my former teachers all together on Alumni Weekend."
KEVIN IVESTER (‘87), 4th Grade Teacher